Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A rain maker



 

A rain maker

I saw a beautiful sight today; it is amazing how I can receive
these gifts, just life, common, yet at times it seems that a window opens and I see something deeper there, a light, or a depth often overlooked by me.

I was in Kroger’s here at Conyers, Ga, and as I was leaving I saw an old woman fussing over a young child, just showing delight and love and the child responded by lifting up its arms and allowing himself to be lifted up. 

As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw the same elderly woman with two other women near the end of the parking lot, near the entrance, each had their arms around the other, just loving and enjoying each others company.   As I was driving by I saw them release each other and all laughed with delight.  I thought to myself, I am made for that, we are made for that, something so simple and pure, yet hard to achieve much of the time.

I suppose this woman could be what is called a ‘rain maker’, someone who can see into common situation and bring something creative and loving out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment