Saturday, August 18, 2012

To respond in times of fear as well as joy



To respond in times of fear as well as joy

The world is worn out, suffering and in pain. I am also weary much of the time. I wear myself out by not living out what I know, or by not truly being open to the grace and love of Jesus Christ. I seek to grow in trust, to let go of fear and at times I seem to be able to respond to graces invitation. Then as this love becomes more real something in me wants to pull back and hide, or run. What keeps me on the path is the knowledge that all is already known. That I am loved and forgiven and that all things in my life will work out for the good. Faith grows, deepens and it does that through the practices of prayer and study, but also through making hard conscious choices to believe and trust, to simply allow to happen what I already know is already happening....to allow God's light fully into my own inner jungle of chaos, fear, anger and lust. To also allow the Spirit to fuel the gifts given to me, to all of us; to love myself and others, as myself, because of my love and openness to God's love and healing power. To respond in times of fear as well as joy….to move forward when I am dry as a bone filled with sand and to keep on the path when I filled with the living waters.....it is all grace given to us by a loving Father through Jesus Christ.

All things work out for the good for those in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment