Sunday, August 19, 2012

Doorways and windows


Doorways and windows

I like to make wrist rosary beads out of cord.  I have prayed with them for the past 20 years or so and I guess have given many hundreds a way and some I have sold.  I like to have some small part of creation on me that is dedicated to seeking God.  Catholics call them sacramental.  They are doorways, or windows for us to be able to center ourselves by either praying with them, or just holding them, or just to see them, can be a call to prayer and contemplation.  All of creation is of course a window or doorway's to the infinite, we just need to see.  Can't always do that, so having something that is used just for that purpose, to connect with the Infinite is a good thing to have and use.  We can be scattered, fearful or just tired, so anything that helps to gently put us in touch with the transcendent is good, healthy and life giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment