Thursday, November 15, 2012

An event that was a tad frustrating


An event that was a tad frustrating

One day, I was on a long trip and decided to get me a Coke and some peanuts when I was getting some gas for the car.  So I got the gas, my snack and pulled over to a shady spot to relax for a few minutes.  I got one of those little bags of nuts, Planters I guess it was and smiling tried to open the bag from the top.  So I tried one side and then the other, nothing.  So I decided to turn it over still smiling, still nothing.  Ah Ha I said, I need to pull it open by pulling the seam apart that is on the back side of the bag.  Still attempting to smile I tried that and almost gave myself a hernia trying to pull it open.  By this time I was breathing hard and my face was probably beat red.  So I put back my head and said out loud, "I can't believe I can't open a simple bag of peanuts".  Then I noticed a tap on my window and nice looking woman about my age was standing there smiling at me as if she understood my little problem. 

So I sheepishly opened my window.  She looked at me, my bag of peanuts and asked me to hand the bag to her.  So I did, curious on what she was going to do.  The way I was feeling, frustration is not close; she could have thrown them on the ground and danced a gig and I would have probably joined her. Laughing like a mad man all the while.  .  No, instead she reached into her bag and brought out a Swiss army knife, opened the part where there was a little pair of scissors and with a flourish opened the bag for me.  I laughed and thanked her.  She said, no, thank you.  I have had this knife for years and have never found a use for it, now that I have used it, my husband can kiss my butt (she used another descriptive phrase); he keeps telling me that my knife is useless, now I can say it is not.  Hmmmm I thought, not going there.  So I thanked her and we parted and I continued my journey.  One little bag, bested by a bag of peanuts, I am sure it will happen again.  Need a Swiss army knife.  

No comments:

Post a Comment