Sunday, May 26, 2013

Noon day devil



Noon day devil

Sometimes it is good to understand that being bored or feeling empty is a normal part of life, so the spiritual path can at times be irksome, but not as bad if all one does is to drift.  Being patient is so important if any kind of progress is to be attained.  Grace is a gentle invitation, freely given, we are free to answer the call or not.  If we don't, the invitation is still there, it is never withdrawn.  I would like to say I always answer the call, but that would be lying.  I don’t keep score but I doubt it is all that high.  God’s mercy and love are forever, while I, well, I can drift from time to time and feel lost, until grace once again comes and I respond.  There is never any need to despair, or to give up, just begin again.  Humility is a hard teacher, but it also lightens the heavy our egos can put on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment