Saturday, April 13, 2013

Woman without teeth


Woman without teeth

As I drove closer to the stop sign,
off the Cleveland exit on 75 North,
I saw her,
the first time I saw a woman there,
usually it is a man,
she was young but looked older,
black hair,
no teeth,
plumb,
I could tell that she was mentally ill.
I cruised a bit to get some money,
the light was green so I could not stop,
slowed down,
reached out,
and like a ring on a merry go round
she grabbed the prize.

Just before she said:
“Good to see you again”,
I wonder who I was for her,
so she walked very fast with me
and kissed my hand,
saying:
“God bless you”.

I felt blessed,
though some say money should not be given,
at least not in the way I do,
perhaps they are right, 
Yet,

One in need,
I have no time to judge,
so at times I need to not know
but only trust,
for Christ dwells in the little ones,
those overlooked and despised,
so that morning
I felt blessed by a child of God, 
Hidden
In a women who looked older than her age,
without teeth,
mentally ill.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Dana, we are here once, why not try to make life a little easier for those around us.

    peace
    mark

    ReplyDelete